TED Talks: listen to more talks via podcast
TED Talks: we all love ’em, watch ’em, write about ’em, and talk about ’em. However, I find that sometimes I have all these talks lined up but I just can’t seem to sit down and watch all of them. Enter, the TED Talks Daily podcast.
I’m new to podcasts (I have been happily listening to them for a few months now) and one of my first subscriptions was to TED Talks Daily. As the name says, you get daily TED Talks delivered to wherever you listen to podcasts. I found it most useful while I was in the UK and had some long commutes involving various types of public transport and various walking distances.
I especially love the podcasts because you can listen to them while doing things: taking public transport, running, cycling, walking, driving etc. I have found that I now listen to more TED Talks than I did before and it has been so enriching. Yes, part of the appeal of the TED Talk is watching the video – the solution to this is that if you loved the talk and want to see the video you can go and find it and listen to a talk you loved again. Win-win!
Some recent TED Talk Daily podcasts that I have really enjoyed are below. These links are to the videos but you can search the names wherever you get your podcasts and you will find them under TED Talks Daily:
- Empower a girl, transform a community by Kakenya Ntaiya – I was in tears and so inspired!
- 12 truths I learned from life and writing by Anne Lamott
- How Hip Hop helps us understand science by Danielle N. Lee – as a hip hop head, it was amazing seeing how she weaves her love and knowledge of hip hop with her love and knowledge of science!
- We don’t move on from grief; we move forward with it by Nora McInerny
- 3 lessons on success from an Arab businesswoman by Leila Hoteit
- How we can store digital data in DNA by Dina Zielinski
- How I’m making bricks out of ashes and rubble in Gaza by Majid Mashharawi
- How education helped me rewrite my life by Ashweetha Shetty
The TED team also offers other podcasts such as TED en Español, the TED Radio Hour, and the TED Interview. It’s all such good listening! Learn more about the TED podcasts here.
Our team recently spent the day watching TED Talks at our Carel’s house. Read all about that here.
Don’t forget to follow our blog every Tuesday for our weekly TED Talk Tuesday blog where members of the team share TED Talks they have recently enjoyed.
For more podcast inspo, chat to our Joshua. He loves podcasts and often shares what he is listening to. These are his most recent podcast recommendations.