The Financial Intermediaries Association (FIA), one of CN&CO’s partners and an active champion for financial services intermediaries, is looking to hire a regional manager to be based in Centurion, Tshwane. The primary role of the regional manager is to promote the interests of the FIA within the insurance industry, in particular the branches, to drive membership growth and overall value to members.
Primary duties and responsibilities
Representation and influence
- Build, improve and maintain the professional image of the FIA
- Understand, educate and communicate the strategy and activities with branches, members and other industry stakeholders
- Implement and drive strategy, policies (including MOI and rules) procedures as provided by CEO internally and externally (region, branches and individual members) and externally (local stakeholders, inclusive of but not limited to product partners, insurers, assurers, UMAs, training providers etc.)
- Align branch and member activities with the strategy and promote consistency
- Attend all national exco meetings and provide accurate input and feedback to and from branches
- Guide and assist branches and members with technical enquiries
- Being a trusted advocate of the FIA to members providing guidance and recommendations
- Liaise with regional stakeholders (such as product suppliers, service providers and the like) to promote the interests of the FIA and its members
- Represent the FIA at all branch, member and industry functions and events
- Identify and communicate brand opportunities of the FIA and its members to relevant parties
- Align annual business plan with the national strategy
- Provide regular feedback to CEO on relevant aspects affecting implementation of strategy and the business plan for the region
- Partner, co-operate and coordinate with the regional director to help and assist with building and maintaining the region
- Keep the regional and branch activities within the ambit of the MOI and the rules
- Coordinate branch meetings and regional meetings in cooperation with regional director
- Coordinate training and CPD events.
- Coordinate and facilitate quarterly meetings with stakeholders (where and when required)
- Oversee financial management of branches in accordance with the strategy and the rules of the FIA
- Monitor and manage own regional budget in accordance with the strategy and the rules of the FIA
- Responsible to verify the minutes of branch, quarterly and regional meetings.
- Driving branch and FIA initiatives to conclusion
- Promoting succession planning within the region
- Liaise and manage the relationships with branch committees and escalate branch challenges/issues and provide feedback
- Providing guidance and oversight to regional administrator
Growth and retention
- Develop, review and implement an annual business plan that effectively analyse Regional SWOT and ensure maximum effectiveness of branch structures and engagement (this must include a measurement of market share, growth and retention opportunities and must be aligned with the national strategy as well as membership and retention plan).
- Meet annual growth and retention target as set out by the Board.
- Assist membership admin staff with renewals and following-up on returned debit orders.
- Ensure timeous receipt of annual membership fee payments.
Essential skills and qualifications
- Matric/Grade 12 (B Comm degree will be advantageous)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the financial services industry
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in sales (business development)
- Proven sales track record essential
- Presentation and communication skills, both one-on-one and to groups.
- Excellent knowledge of industry disciplines (long term insurance, short term insurance, healthcare and employee benefits)
- Ability to present professionally to executives and corporates
- Experience in working with financial intermediaries and brokers
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements and challenges within financial services
- Ability to run several projects at the same time
- Ability to personally implement projects as the nature of a non-profit organisation does not provide many support personnel
- Willing to travel
Behavioral requirements and competencies
- High degree of honesty and integrity
- Exercises discretion and maintains confidentiality
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Complies with procedures and policies
- Service oriented
- Ability to work under pressure
- Deadline driven
- Ability to use initiative and operate independently
- Strong work ethic
- Self-motivated and disciplined
Together with the above the successful candidate will be required to sign a more detailed performance agreement upon commencing employment.
Application and deadline
- Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications close 15 June 2018