The African Resilience Summit is organised by the Global Travel and Tourism Resilience Council in partnership with the Africa Travel Association. It takes place tomorrow, the 24th of July, in Johannesburg during the 42nd the World Tourism Conference.
At CN&CO we are fortunate enough to work with a diverse group of partners, including financial services companies and leading all-inclusive travel brands like Club Med. Working with and for different partners allows us to continuously be on the lookout for connections across different industries, exploring opportunities where there may appear to be none at a first glance.
We are excited to share with you that Magcino Gule from our partner, Old Mutual Insure, will be at this year’s African Resilience Summit. The line-up for the summit is fantastic – with interesting topics up for discussion, quality delegates in attendance, it promises to be a full day of learning and networking.
Magcino is facilitating a panel discussion around the topic of Security and Risk Management – how to plan for resiliency? Below are a few of the points that the panel is seeking to unpack.
- What constitutes a crisis, how to prepare for it and what are the essential things to know?
- One thing everyone agrees upon when talking about preparedness is that planning is essential. Drafting a plan is the result of the exercise but the actual planning and training are the critical ingredients.
- With various types of crisis from man-made to natural disasters, what are the key precautions that need to be considered?
The panel, listed below, features international specialists in the fields of tourism, travel, crisis management, and emergency services.
- Simon Hardern, CEO, Kenyon International Emergency Services
- Alain St. Ange, St. Ange Consultancy and Monthly Tourism Newsletter, former Minister of Tourism and Culture, Seychelles
- Dr. Lee Miles, Professor of Crisis and Disaster Management Bournemouth University UK
As a leader in the travel insurance category, it is great to see members of the Old Mutual Insure Travelsure team engaging with leaders in their respective fields. Their Travelsure offering caters for leisure, business and senior travellers. They also have a corporate offering that can be tailored to your specific requirements.
You can learn more about the different offerings here. A reminder to add travel insurance to your travel check list, whether you are traveling nationally or internationally, travel with #Travelsure.
We look forward to seeing you at the summit and especially look forward to learning more about the topic of Security and Risk Management related to travel.