The Magical Kenya Travel Expo (MKTE) is a B2B trade show organised by our partner On Show Solutions for whom we handle the MKTE social media. This year we also took over the MKTE emailers to hosted buyers, exhibitors, hosted media, and trade.
In working on the mailers we shared some interesting information on Kenya with the international buyers ahead of their arrival in Kenya. Over the next little while, we will share this with you as well.
Basic information about Kenya
- Kenya is located in the “heart of Africa”. It is on the east of the African continent with a beautiful coastline along the Indian Ocean
- Kenya boasts beautiful beaches, vast savannah, wonderful wildlife, majestic mountains, and great people
- Kenya is a multilingual country. Most Kenyans speak Kiswahili and English. You will even meet Kenyans who speak more than just these two languages. While in Kenya, be sure to learn some Kiswahili phrases
- The currency in Kenya is the Shilling (KSh)
- The temperature varies across the country: the coast enjoys a tropical climate while you can experience cooler mornings and evenings inland.
- You will find WiFi in many parts of the country.
- His excellency the honourable Uhuru Kenyatta is the president of Kenya
- One of the most popular attractions in Kenya is its wildlife. Visitors come from all over the world to experience regions such as Amboseli and the Mara. Many have even witnessed the great migration
- Wildlife is only one of many wonderful attractions in Kenya. When in Kenya ensure you explore her beaches, meet her people, and taste her food
- The ethnic diversity in Kenya is amazing. Many people know about the Maasai but this is only one group of people that form part of a wonderful, diverse nation
- Nairobi is the capital of Kenya and the location of #MKTE2019
Are you a frequent traveller to Kenya? What do you think we should have included on this list? Tweet us and let us know.