The Riversands Incubation Hub is a business incubator with a mission to support black-owned SMEs and entrepreneurs – established and aspiring – to develop their businesses. At CN&CO we are passionate about people and brands. We are always happy to get involved with initiatives or organisations that are proactive when it comes to giving support to talented people, thus we are a close associate of Riversands.
The past few months have been exciting for The Riversands Incubation Hub. According to the CEO, Jenny Retief, the hub has shown growth potential. SMEs from various sectors have joined in the Riversands campus bringing the total number of businesses on the campus to 90.
In the Riversands news this month:
- There has been some good news for the technology industry. Investors and innovators of technology have invested largely in tech, this resulting in the number of tech hubs doubling in less than a year in Africa.
- Riversands Incubation Hub runs a business club that gives aspiring entrepreneurs the platform to networks and hopefully make new business. In August, the business club was hosted by, the South African singer, entrepreneur and philanthropy, Yvonne Chaka Chaka. The event was well received as entrepreneurs left inspired.
- Buzzing in the Riversands Incubation Hub is bee farming business, The Village Market SA. This is owned by young entrepreneur Mmabatho Morudi, who does not only want to make a difference in her community, but the world at large.
Make sure to add the following events to your calendar:
- 7th Annual Enterprise and Supplier Development (ESD) Conference, on 18 -19 October 2016.
- TEDx Joburg, on 24 November 2016.
For more information read the Riversands Incubation Hub newsletter.