The 13th annual Suidoosterfees took place from 27 April to 2 May in Cape Town. CN&CO is proud to be part of such a diverse cultural festival, which has become a standard on the South African festival circuit.
As a first-time sponsor, CN&CO sponsored show Bel Canto Cabaret, which featured world-famous pianist Jan Hugo from SA and his French fiancée Clara Bleton. The performance was extremely well received by audiences. The show consists of beautiful opera arias and piano pieces delivered with style and humour.
A few of my other personal highlights were:
- The opening gala ball and dancing with Cape Town Mayor Patricia de Lille
- Konsert van Hoop, with artists Corlea Botha, Brandon October and the Cape Town Opera vocal ensemble, among others. (Many of you know I believe Corlea’s voice to be magical)
- Emo Adams is Duidelik – superb humour
- Kristalvlakte – celebrating the wonderful work that the inspirational South AfricanProfessor Jakes Gerwel did for all the people around him, including Madiba
- Hunkering na die Ses – A musical journey with Lynelle Kenned and Clint Lesch
- Dancing with Marlene le Roux ( CEO of the ARTSCAPE Theatre), The mayor of Cape Town Patricia de Lille, and Shirley Levendal
Huge thanks to the Suidoosterfees team, especially Professor Brain Figaji, Shirley Levendal (Ondervoorsitter) and CEO Niel Rademan – julle fees was uitstekend en dit was ’n voorreg om ’n klein rol te kon speel het.