On 20 July 2018, Bokamoso Education Trust, a cause we love and support, is set to celebrate 10 years of uplifting underprivileged youth through education.
Bokamoso Education Trust believes that everyone can make a significant difference to the future of this beautiful country. It provides a vehicle in which modest individual contributions are combined and mobilized towards the educational costs of its beneficiary children.
In light of the upcoming 10 years anniversary celebration, we recently caught up with the CEO of the Bokamoso Education Trust, Cathrine du Toit to find out a little bit more about Bokamoso and her role as the CEO.
- How did you become involved with Bokamoso Education Test and how has it grown or changed over time?)
After being in corporate for 12 years I was excited to do something that I was passionate about and something where my life could make a difference to others. When I started at Bokamoso we had 13 children, we now have 55 (and counting) on the Trust.
- Can you tell us about the work Bokamoso does and the program(s) you run? what differentiates you from other organisations?
The trustees and all who are employed are personally involved in the Trust and the Trust is run in a very personable way. Each child is treated completely individually, no decisions are made without taking each child’s personal circumstances into consideration.
- What results has Bokamoso achieved? How has your program improved over time?
We’ve grown to support 55 children, of which 50% of them are being mentored. We have grown our donors both individually and corporately. Our back office support is becoming more automated and streamlined.
- What are your goals for the next three to five years? What priorities will help you achieve them? What barriers are in your way?
Grow the Trust to over 100 children, establish solid corporate donors. Challenges are to grow existing staff at Bokamoso.
- How has Bokamoso influenced change in the society?
Creating opportunity for children to be educated, who would have otherwise not had this right. Mentoring children to help them become the best that they can be.
- Celebrating 10 years, what can you say you are most proud of about Bokamoso?
Watching our children become amazing contributors to society, adding value to this country in a positive and meaningful way.
- Tell us more about the 10 year celebration – how are you planning to celebrate this milestone?
We are holding a fundraising event on 20 July to celebrate the achievements of all our children and the growth of our Trust. Our high schoolers will be there to share in the celebration. Guests can expect an exciting evening with some entertainment by Watershed, who will be live in concert. We will also be running some horse races to to raise funds. See the banner below for more information and be sure to book your tickets!