Some of you may not know, but just like fashion, the makeup industry also follows trends. Every season, new makeup trends appear on the world’s biggest runways.
This Autumn/Winter, five trends really stood out on the runway according to Harpers Bazaar. From red lips to graphic eyes, here are some of the key makeup looks to keep on your radar as we go into our colder season with some tips on how these can be easily achieved using Makeup Revolution products.
- Matte red lip: A bold red matte lip, accompanied by polished skin and minimal makeup was a definite must try. A velvety red lip is a definite must try if you’re looking for a look that stands out and makes a bold statement. Achieve this look with Makeup Revolutions retro luxe lip kit in Regal or alternatively use the Rose Gold lipstick in Red Carpet or the Renaissance Lipstick in Classic and dust over the lipstick with a finishing powder to achieve a matte finish.
- Flush of blush: Fresh faced beauty is definitely a must try this season. Blush it up with Makeup Revolution‘s Ultra Pro Glow palette or the Ultra Blush Palette in Blush Queen. Pair this look with a soft pink lip keeping the eyes neutral
- Graphic eyes: Experimental eye makeup was all over the runways. Bold lines, unique shapes and graphic eye liner was the look of the season. Futuristic makeup looks can be easily achieved using the Makeup Revolution Renaissance Flick intense longer felt eyeliner or the Liner Revolution waterproof intense black eyeliner. Play around with shape, texture and design. The more graphic the result the better.
- Smoky neutrals: Dimensional smoked out eyes are a definite must try. Smoky neutrals on the eyes, cheeks and lips created from a soft monotone palette oozes elegance and can be transformed into a look for day or night. We recommend using the Redemption Palette in Iconic 1, Re-loaded palette in Neutrals 2 or the softer tones of the Re-loaded palette in Iconic Fever. Play about with tones that are neutral, smokey and understated.
- Dewey lips: Glossy lips in real skin tones are the definite must try for the season. Makeup Revolution has an endless list of neutral toned lip sticks and gloss kits. Try utilising the SophX neutral lipsticks or the Makeup Revolution Renaissance lipsticks in colours such as Awaken or Chauffeur. We would then recommend adding a clear gloss over the lipstick to achieve this dewey lip look. Make sure to blend the lipstick colour into the lip so it appears as if the lips have been tinted.
Clicks SA stores proudly stock all the above mentioned Makeup Revolution products so be sure to visit a Clicks store near you to get your hands on these awesome products to achieve all the newest, high-end makeup looks for this season. Be sure to share your looks on Instagram and Facebook and don’t forget to tag Makeup Revolution in your post.